Price (MSRP): $34.99
Recreate a piece of Korean history with the majestic Sungnyemun!
Presenting one of South Korea's most treasured monuments – Sungnyemun. Also known as the Great Southern Gate, this majestic gateway to the South Korean capital of Seoul is the last remaining of four gateways constructed in the late 14th century to protect the country's capital. In 1962, this impressive Joseon Dynasty monument was declared South Korea's first national treasure, but in 2008 was almost completely destroyed by a fire. Fortunately, a restoration project, due for completion in 2012, will return the South Korean people's coveted treasure to its former glory once again. This LEGO Landmark series interpretation of Sungnyemun was designed by US architect Adam Reed Tucker in collaboration with the LEGO design team.
• Interpretation of real-world architectural landmark Sungnyemun
• Booklet included with details on design and history (English language only. Other languages available for download)
• Measures 4.1" (10.5cm) tall, 6.9" (17.5cm) wide and 3.1" (8cm) deep
• Collect the entire Landmark and Architect series sets
• LEGO Architecture inspires future architects, engineers and designers as well as architecture fans around the world using the LEGO brick as a medium for reproducing esteemed structures